[SECC] ARRL 160 2002

Subject: [SECC] ARRL 160 2002
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (n4uk@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:14:17 -0500
    I can quickly think of a great contest location that is great for 160m
operations! Mine! WP3X has always done great in the contests it participates
in. The "Big" hurricane 3 years ago messed up the qth
but plans are underway to re-build in concrete this spring. Loads of monoband
antennas including a Titan 160m monoband antenna, radials etc. at the location
plus 3 sb220 amps. Located on the west coast of the island with nothing but
NACLH2O between it and the USA. Once I get the station ready it will be
available for use  for point gathering purposes.  73,Ken, N4UK/WP3X
Bill Fisher W4AN <w4an@contesting.com> wrote:

Gary & all,

I think you did a great job of organizing the troops Gary.  Clearly there
were guys making QSOs that wouldn not have otherwise.

I don't know if we will win this thing or not, but I do think we should
put a big push on for next year.  Some ideas I have:

1) Get K4BAI in the W8JI chair.
2) Get me in the W4AN chair.

John will make just as big a score as I have from Tom's and freeing me up
to make a full effort at my QTH should get us another 175K or more.

3) Get more guys QRV for more hours.

We need to get some of the SEDXC faithful to join ranks.  I worked K4PI
and K4VT and neither are members are they?  I also worked K0DQ.  We need
to get K4PI partnered up with you Gary so he drives the SEDXC effort.

4) Get people who want to operate the best stations.  Maybe someone like
K4PI or K4VT would be open to letting someone guest-op?  K4TEA has a very
good 160M station.  Have we approached Ken about joining the club?

5) Can we get points for going to the Carib?  I can think of 4 stations
off the top of my head that would be available for this contest.  WP3R was
not QRV this weekend.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Looks like we have an opportunity to break 1,000,000 points putting us
very close to playing with the SMC and PVRC unlimited club efforts.

73

Bill