[SECC] GQP changes

Subject: [SECC] GQP changes
From: aldermant at alltel.net (Tommy)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 13:36:38 -0000
Savage, et al,

You have a good point about requiring a minimum number of
participants per class/category. And I agree with changing the
minimum number of participants to setting a minimum number of QSO's
for qualification for an award. Ed made this suggestion, then without
knowing Ed had done so, I made the same suggestion to Mike. However,
I think you  have a better idea!

However, it is not totally clear to me what else you are disagreeing
with? Personally, I think going with SSB, CW, and Mixed categories
WILL attract more participants in the GQP, certainly not decrease the
participation. Your providing an increased number of categories which
people can choose from.

Before these rules were modified, there WAS a study done of the FQP,
CQP, TNQP, and several other state contest rules so there would be
some type of 'guideline' to follow. It was pointed out to me that the
GQP rules were a copy of the FQP rules, so I'm not clear about your comparison?

I have taken over GQP plaque distribution from Jay. In the
documentation I have from Jay, you are listed as the sponsor for the
US/VE QRP plaque and you have advised me that you will remain it's
sponsor for 2006 (big thank you!). But to my knowledge, the GQP has
never had a US/VE QRP CW category, which I think, it what Mike is
trying to achieve with the GQP rules update now.

Tom - W4BQF