[SECC] GQP changes

Subject: [SECC] GQP changes
From: SavageBR at aol.com (SavageBR@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:54:36 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2005 08:37:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
aldermant at alltel.net writes:

Personally, I think going with SSB, CW, and Mixed categories
WILL  attract more participants in the GQP, certainly not decrease the
participation.

I guess I was miss understood. I agree 100% with adding the CW only
category. I have been suggesting this for several years. I understood the
proposal
was to only give certificates to the SSB only and CW only categories.  The
proposal stated:

>I propose that in place of plaques for the new entries, certificates be
issued for the >appropriate awards as are now issued.

I disagreed with this and would want to see plaques provided equally for  all
three categories. This assumes we can get adequate sponsors.

>the GQP has
>never had a US/VE QRP CW category, which I think,  it what Mike is
>trying to achieve with the GQP rules update now.

I agree, I have been suggesting this to Mike for months.

There is no doubt that adding the additional categories will increase
participation. That is the point I was making.

73
Bruce