[SECC] N1MM Newbie for WAE DX SSB

Subject: [SECC] N1MM Newbie for WAE DX SSB
From: jt.w6fo at gmail.com (JT Croteau)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 07:02:01 -0400
Ok, the YL will be out of town during WAE DX SSB and I'm looking
forward to spending as much time as possible working this contest.

This will be my first HF contest in quite a few years.  My recent
contesting has been limited to the various VHF/UHF Sweepstakes and VHF
QSO Parties.  The only contest specific software I've used in the past
for the VHF/UHF tests has been CT.  However, I'd like to start using
N1MM for the majority of my contesting.

Anyone have any tips for N1MM newbies?  N1MM seems to have quite a bit
of rig control.  My rig is way too old for rig control so I will not
be using any of these features.

Also, anyone have any tips for the WAE DX SSB contest?  If I find a
free spot to call CQ for a bit, should I call "CQ EUROPE"?

Due to antenna limitations, I will be restricted to operation on 20M
with a dipole and 40/80 with a vertical.

Thanks

--
 JT Croteau - W6FO - Canton, GA
 ARS #2,147 | NoGA-QRP | SEDXC | SECC | ARRL