[SECC] N1MM Newbie for WAE DX SSB

Subject: [SECC] N1MM Newbie for WAE DX SSB
From: jt.w6fo at gmail.com (JT Croteau)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:12:42 -0400
On 8/28/06, Tommy <aldermant at alltel.net> wrote:
> If your going to start using N1MM, you should start NOW!

Yeah, I downloaded it a few nights ago and have been starting to play with it.

> It's very helpful that your PC is running Win XP.

Yup, I was a computer geek before a HAM so all my computers always
have the latest and greatest.

> You will miss some great features by not having rig control

Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot I can do about this at the
moment.  Rig here is an old IC-701 and does not lend itself well to
contesting.  No memories, bandswitching is slow, lack of computer
interface, but does have two VFO's thankfully.

Actually, there was an article back in the 80's on a computer
interface for the 701 but not sure what all you could do with it, I
need to see if I can dig up the article but I doubt N1MM will be able
to talk to it much.

Thanks for the tips.

--
 JT Croteau - W6FO - Canton, GA
 ARS #2,147 | NoGA-QRP | SEDXC | SECC | ARRL