[SECC] N1MM Newbie for WAE DX SSB

Subject: [SECC] N1MM Newbie for WAE DX SSB
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:16:08 -0400
On Aug 28, 2006, at 7:02 AM, JT Croteau wrote:

> N1MM seems to have quite a bit
> of rig control.  My rig is way too old for rig control so I will not
> be using any of these features.

N1MM is really designed around rig-control. Although it is possible
to use N1MM with a manually-controlled rig, it is not very easy. In
contrast, using it with a computer-cotnrolled rig is much easier.

You might have an easier time of it using some older software, such
as CT, instead of N1MM if your rig does not support computer-control.

PS - I've used N1MM with my Elecraft K2/100, which is controlled, but
my second rig, a TS-430S, is not, and all the frequencies have to be
entered manually.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901