[SECC] Proposed New Center for Circle

Subject: [SECC] Proposed New Center for Circle
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 8:42:23 -0500
I am sorry that Dan. W4NTI feels the way he does. I am not trying to kick
anyone out of the club.
 We vote on all proposals that are made for the club.

A couple years ago when I made a similar proposal to move the circle there were
a bunch of our members in east GA and SC who couldn't submit scores because
they were not in the circle. I did research back then and now and the fact is
there were only a handful of AL stations that were submitting scores for SECC
and it might of be better to move the circle to include those east of us who
wanted to. If you don't believe me go the the ARRL contesting webpage and go
over the past 5 years of contesting results. You can sort the data by state and
club.

The bottom line is that I didn't make the motion to change the club circle.
This was brought
up at the club meeting at the Atlanta Hamfest. If this was a concern to any
member then maybe you should of attended the club meeting and expressed you
opinion. It was a well known fact that this might be discussed at the meeting.

Sorry to rant about this but it gets old when anyone suggests a change to the
club and you have to listen to someone who is a marginal contributer to the
club cry wolf.

Jeff KU8E

p.s.  Dan and many other ACG members would be well within the 250 mile circle
for CQ (old circle and proposed) and could still submit their scores for SECC.