[SECC] Proposed New Center for Circle

Subject: [SECC] Proposed New Center for Circle
From: w4nti at mindspring.com (Daniel Jeswald)
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 18:10:23 -0500
I haven't been able to attend a hamfest, other then the local one here, for
over 5 years.  Part of the benefit package I paid for in military service.

Your right though,  no reason not to change, just to keep some of the Bama
boys here,  I know we don't contribute much,  right?

I think you need to work on your attitude.  Ask John what a friend of mine
told me once.

Dan/W4NTI

there were a bunch of our members in east GA and SC who couldn't submit
scores because they were not in the circle. I did research back then and
now and the fact is there were only a handful of AL stations that were
submitting scores for SECC and it might of be better to move the circle to
include those east of us who wanted to. If you don't believe me go the the
ARRL contesting webpage and go over the past 5 years of contesting results.
You can sort the data by state and club.

> The bottom line is that I didn't make the motion to change the club
circle. This was brought
> up at the club meeting at the Atlanta Hamfest. If this was a concern to
any member then maybe you should of attended the club meeting and expressed
you opinion. It was a well known fact that this might be discussed at the
meeting.

> Sorry to rant about this but it gets old when anyone suggests a change to
the club and you have to listen to someone who is a marginal contributer to
the club cry wolf.

> Jeff KU8E
>

> p.s.  Dan and many other ACG members would be well within the 250 mile
circle for CQ (old circle and proposed) and could still submit their scores
for SECC.