[SECC] Contest Logging

Subject: [SECC] Contest Logging
From: nj8j at benshome.net (Ben Coleman NJ8J)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 13:51:48 -0400
On 10/18/2011 6:13 PM, Jay Pryor wrote:
 > So what are folks using these days for single op contest logging? As
 > much as I enjoyed using it, I suppose it?s time to say goodbye to TRLog.

Since the shack computer uses Linux, I use tlf when I can.  Sometimes
it's not set up for a particular contest, in which case I drag out an
old DOS computer I keep around and use CT or NA.  I tried once throwing
N1MM on the work laptop, but found out that that laptop is pretty noisy,
RF-wise, enough to add to the (already high) local QRN.  Plus, the
interface to my radio (though one of those USB serial port connectors)
was kinda flaky.  For now, I'm back to tlf.

Ben
Ben Coleman nj8j at benshome.net
  "I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
                                             Paul Tomblin