[TRLog] QSX Frequency Problem

Subject: [TRLog] QSX Frequency Problem
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 01:11:06 -0500
At 10:56 PM 3/3/01 EST, RPClifton@aol.com wrote:

"I'm using TR Log 6.55 with an FT-1000MP.  When I select spots from the band
map that contain split information the transceiver splits, but the transmit
frequency is incorrect.  For example, the DX is listening on 7198, but the
FT-1000MP transmit frequency is set to 7066.92.  Other than that, all the
other radio interface features seem to work fine.  Any ideas what is wrong?"

No, but the same thing is happening to me with 6.56, on a Kenwood radio.  I
thought this feature used to work properly, but it sure doesn't now.  Each
time I try to grab QSX information from the band map I get a different,
erroneous result.  Using the "-" to select a transmit frequency in software
is not bad, but sometimes it doesn't turn off.

I had hesitated to say anything because the microprocessor in my radio is a
PIEXX, so I thought perhaps real Kenwoods (TS-850 and above) worked
properly.  Maybe they do?  Anyone else have this experience?

Also, whatever happened to NEXTBANDMAP?

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database