[TRLog] Bandmap Inconsistencies

Subject: [TRLog] Bandmap Inconsistencies
From: nr1dx@tellink.net (NR1DX)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:43:08 +0000
At 01:17 AM 12/10/01 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:

>I would like to have the option of not having CQs show up in the
>band map.  No doubt there is a reason why one would want to see
>CQs in the bandmap, I just haven't figured out what it is.  It
>really messes up SO1.5R (no, SO1.5R didn't die, just got pushed
>aside by higher priority items.  It's getting close to the top of
>the to do list again.)

CQ's in the band map are useful in the following scenario (among others).

You are calling CQ , when a packet spot comes through showing a new
multiplier . You highlight  the call of the new mult. in the band map and
the rig QSY's to that freq. You work the new mult. You now highlight the CQ
in the band map and the rig QSY's back to your run frequency hopefully
before someone else grabs in in the 15-30 secs. you were gone.

Dave
NR1DX