[TRLog] Bandmap Inconsistencies

Subject: [TRLog] Bandmap Inconsistencies
From: dl2zav@darc.de (Udo DL2ZAV)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:22:39 +0100
Weeks ago people wrote:

> I have occasionally had the problem of the call in the bandmap not
> popping into the call window for as long as I can remember.
>
> >  > The bandmap is great, but I've always seen the following
> >inconsistent behavior:
> >>
> >>  1.  An entry sometimes fails to pop into the call window when tuning
to its
> >>  frequency, even though the call hasn't faded out on the BM yet.
> >
> >Need some more information if possible.  I haven't seen this myself.
> >
> >When the call doesn't pop into the window, is it blinking in the band
map?
> >When a call doesn't disappear, is it still blinking in the band map?
> >
> >I think the entry in the callwindow will correspond to what is blinking
> >in the band map.
> >
> >If this is the case - can you compare the frequency of the band map entry
> >and the frequency displayed under the band/mode?  Is the frequency being
> >updated correctly?
> >
> >Tree

Today I've seen this, maybe it's related:

A call seemed to not pop into the call window when tuning to his frequency.
It was a "long call" (DL7UCW/p), and it was a dupe. "Short calls" always
popped up as desired.

The strange thing is, the call obviously was in the call window, but
invisible.
The cursor moved to position 9, space bar would result in call window saying
"<9blanks> DUPE" and clear call window (auto dupe = true), ctrl-P would
yield proper possible calls including the dupe shown in red. Ctrl-R after
the dupe check would make the call reappear.

Rig control OK, call blinking in bandmap OK. No relation to the colour of
the spot in the bandmap.
Udo

dl2zav@darc.de

Ich funke mit TR-Log von N6TR.