[TRLog] The end of MS-DOS as we know it

Subject: [TRLog] The end of MS-DOS as we know it
From: N9CO@aol.com (N9CO@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:20:52 EST
Pete brings up a valid point.

Having just purchased a new pc, I am still in the "gee whiz, let's see what
this box will do" phase.  Unlike some TR user's, though, I am totally happy
with good ol' DOS 6.2x and will continue to keep a machine running just for
this purpose.  Like many TR user's, I have built up a stash of 486
motherboards and ISA/VESA cards.  All were given to me.

Having said that, though, I still think it would be "neat" to use TR on my
new box.  But not in Windows!!  I would prefer Linux.  I have downloaded a
Linux program called "TLF" that has a TR "look and feel".  It's still in it's
infancy, but shows promise.

Why Linux and not Windows?  My personal experience.  I don't know about the
rest of you, but I've had many episodes with Windows (98, NT, 2000, XP...),
both at home and at work, that has left an increasingly bitter taste in my
mouth.  I've been around UNIX professionally for some 15 years or so now, and
I find Linux to be comfortable and familiar.  And there are many graphical
interfaces for Linux; it's not a simple command line OS.  I run KDE here, and
am very happy with it.

Since Pete opened this can of worms (again), I just thought I'd throw in my 2
cents worth.

73 es GL!
Charlie  N9CO