[TRLog] V6.72 IC735 issue

Subject: [TRLog] V6.72 IC735 issue
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net (KL7RA)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:48:03 -0900
: [TRLog] V6.72 IC735 issue

> Anybody else seen this?
>
> Setting up an IC735 using Version 6.72
>
> The Frequency will not update. I can send commands
> to the radio and set the frequency from Callsign
> field but it won't read them back out. Get a
> "Communications Warning" for my troubles. :>)
>
> The frequency displayed for the IC735 is the
> one the radio is on when TR is started.
>
> Everything works fine with all versions prior to 6.72
> with no changes to config files.

Hi Dink

I see this. I have two identical Icom radios that are very close
in serial numbers and one acts the way you describe and the
other doesn't?

Just for fun try switching the filter settings on the radio. When
I select the narrow filter on the "bad" radio TR starts working.

The difference is prior versions set the filter select to narrow
and one command is enough. It may be a bug in the radio
firmware, a cpu reset didn't help. I don't use wide mode so
it took some time to find this. The symptom was the radio
would go "dumb" on me now and then and I had to send a
command using an old version to get it to send freq data
again.

73 Rich KL7RA