Re: [Trlog] 1B67LAX Bug

To: trlog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Trlog] 1B67LAX Bug
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:20:03 -0800
Once or twice a year you lose a Q? Hah! You should try WriteLog. I use it for RTTY (only because TR isn't really set up for RTTY contesting). In WL you press F2 for CQ, F3 for the exchange, F4 for TU QRZ and you still have to hit the enter key to log it. In the WAE I forgot to log 7L4IOU which cost me not only the Q but also 10 QTC. Fortunately I caught up with him later on another band and explained the problem so he could delete the Q and not get dinged for a not-in-log. It wouldn't surprise me if I lost 10 Qs in that one contest due to forgetting to hit Enter to log the Q. Just think, 2,000 Qs in WL cost 2,000 extra key strokes compared to TR. This is true for RTTY, CW and SSB with WL.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Once or twice each year I still lose a call. Software shouldn't let you lose data because you did something stupid!

Jimmy