Re: [Trlog] 1B67LAX Bug

To: <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] 1B67LAX Bug
From: "Mark Beckwith" <mark@concertart.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 03:13:37 -0600
Jimmy said:

>Saving what is in the callsign field before replacing it and allowing
>it to be recovered with a CTRL-key combination seems like a simple
>enough solution.

Better still would be to check the "new call" if it's about to overwrite the
old call to make sure it at least looks like a call, or in this case, to
make sure it doesn't look too much like an SS exchange.  Or something.

>I don't understand why there is such resistance to fixing this!

I agree.  I commented privately to George that I am now up to speed on the
"add a space" routine but I still blow it when I forget, which happens from
time to time.

Mark, N5OT