[Trlog] WinTelNetX, Telnet, and TR vs. DxTelnet and TR

To: "'Todd Bendtsen'" <ve5mx@sasktel.net>, <w0yk@msn.com>,"'Dave Hachadorian'" <k6ll@juno.com>
Subject: [Trlog] WinTelNetX, Telnet, and TR vs. DxTelnet and TR
From: "Tod - ID" <tao@skypoint.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:50:51 -0600
I have read with some interest the discussion about WinTelNetX, Telnet, and
TR. Apparently most of those doing this use TWO computers to get a system
whereby one computer (Windows operating system) is connected to an internet
Node and then feeds the information (and gets the requests from) a second
computer running DOS and TR. The linkage is physical via a null modem serial
cable between COM Ports on the two computers.

I had posed a question earlier about keystroke echoes and did not realize
that my setup actually is a bit different from the one described above.

I use a SINGLE computer which has Windows 98 as the operating system. TR
runs in a DOS window. DxTelnet runs under the Win98 system. The output from
DxTelnet goes through one of the COM Ports via a null modem serial cable to
a second COM Port on the same computer. TR is set up as though it is talking
to a Packet Node.  No problems in past CQWW contests. In my circumstances a
much preferable solution to the two computer solution. Easy to set up, easy
to use --- I just wish that there was a keystroke echo. However, since
apparently the two computer solution also has no keystroke echo I am not
feeling left out.

Tod, KØTO