Re: [Trlog] Rescoring Cabrillo files?

To: va7nt@telus.net, TRlog reflector <trlog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] Rescoring Cabrillo files?
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:36:46 -0700
Hi Paul,

I've done this with my own Cabrillo log.

Here are the steps
1. Import a copy of the Cabrillo log, sans header info, into Excel
2. Parse the data into columns using space as the delimiter
3. Do a 2 level sort, first on the band, second on the mult
4. At this point you can simply count the number of different mults or you can write a formula which will put a 1 in a cell on each line where there's a new mult and a blank otherwise. Then you write a formula to add up all the 1s.

The correctness of the result is easily confirmed by scanning down the column with the 1s in it.

Or, just send me the combined Cabrillo log and I'll do it for you. Only takes a few minutes. You'll get back an Excel spreadsheet created as described above with the mults totalled.

It would be good to do this soon so as to have the numbers for the PNW Cup competition.

73, Jim VE7FO

Paul Erickson wrote:

Does anyone know of a utility that will allow the rescoring of Cabrillo files for the IARU contest?

The reason I ask is, we were involved in a multi station HQ effort, and
one of the stations used TR and the other used writelog. We have been able to merge the resulting Cabrillo files ok, but would like to be able
to get an idea of our final score. Just combining the totals from the two separate logs will not work, as multipliers are counted once per band, not mode.

Any suggestions?