Re: [Trlog] On deck call results

To: "'Tree'" <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [Trlog] On deck call results
From: "Fred Helmstetter" <fjh@uwm.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 12:38:38 -0600
I ran 6.85 for my first 300 or so qso's and the bandmap / 2nd radio / packet
stuff seemed to work perfectly.  Unfortunately, I had another issue that
nobody else has mentioned yet.  I started seeing a significant delay when
logging a qso.  At first it seemed normal but after a couple of hundred q's
it was a show stopper. I estimate it was around an 800msec delay when I
swapped in 679 to finish up and seemed to get longer as the log size grew.
It would send the TU message and then hang there with the last guy's call in
the window. For a while I could just type the next caller (without the
display changing) and it would let loose with CW after the pause but the
time delay made it just about impossible to run.  Of course, 679 was as
responsive as ever...

Running a P100 boat anchor as my DOS/logging machine so maybe it's a
"resource" issue...  New radio code eating up more of my limited CPU time?
Maybe just my usual luck.

73,
Fred, N9FH