[TenTec] OMNI V1 Sales

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V1 Sales
From: psikes@whidbey.net (Phil Sikes)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 00:07:09 -8
I sure don't understand this either!! I am thinking about
having mine buried with me when I go so I can work some of that
celestial DX!! I haven't owned that many rigs but have compared
my 6+ to the 950SDX, TS-850 and my own FT900 and it does hold
it's own or surpass the others for my needs. As others have
said, different strokes for different folks, but for my needs
and wants it sure can't be beat. It was so nice in the ARRL DX
contest to be able to pick the wheat from the chaff of the many
signals out there.

A good friend and excellent DX'er who is also on the DX Honor
roll is going to be doing a side by side test of the Omni 6+
and his TS950SDX soon. As soon as I have his comments I will
pass them on to the list. The only problem is getting my Omni
away from me long enough to do the comparison.

73 - Phil

Phil Sikes - KJ7NS
ARCI #9196 - QRP-L #528
FISTS #2602 - NW QRP #412