Fwd: Re: [TenTec] OMNI V1 Sales

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: [TenTec] OMNI V1 Sales
From: chestert@pressroom.com (Chester Alderman)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 05:53:09 -0500
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
>Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 05:48:02 -0500
>To: Don Whitener <whitener@hiwaay.net>
>From: Chester Alderman <chestert@pressroom.com>
>Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI V1 Sales
>
>At 09:20 PM 2/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>Over the past few weeks (perhaps as much as a month) there seems to have
>>been a rash of folks selling their OMNI VIs, most of which have been
>>upgraded to one of the Plus options.  Does anyone have a clue as to why
>>this is occurring?  Seems strange to me.  Have I missed something?  Am I
>>the last to know something?  Just curious.
>>
>>73...
>>Don Whitener, K4BWU
>>
>Hi Don,
>
>       No, I don't think there is anything going on with the Omni 6+ rigs. I've
had mine for almost seven years and I've got the mod 3 upgrades installed
and it's still 'top of the line' radio. I think we get 'figgity-feet' every
once in a while and need a change (similar to the seven year itch?). I've
got an Icom IC-781 that I've been comparing to my Omni 6+ and I'm
considering selling the Omni and keeping the IC-781, but not for any major
reason other than the 781 will send CW at higher speeds than the Omni, and
the rcvrs are very comparible. The only thing keeping me from putting the
Omni on the selling block is the great realibility of the TenTec gear and
the unsurpassed quality of their customer support. Sure can't say that for
Icom.

Chester Alderman
W4BQF -- Tom
chestert@pressroom.com