[TenTec] OMNI V1 Sales

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V1 Sales
From: hmmjr@erols.com (H. M. 'Puck' Motley W4PM)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:21:03 -0500
Believe it or not guys there are folks out there who don't care for Ten
Tec rigs!  They like inbuilt power supplies, auto tuners, neat little
display screens, AM, general coverage receive and other features and
bells and whistles which Ten Tec does't offer.  I'm thankful for them
because some of them buy new Ten Tec rigs and then sell them for a
substantial discount a few months later.  I got my Paragon in 1992 from
just such a fellow.  It saved me a lot of bucks and it's still working
just fine.  I've thought about getting a new Omni Six Plus but I really
don't need to hear every whisper of a weak and exotic station the Omni
might hear that my Paragon can't plus I like keeping that $1.5 kilobuck
it would cost me in my pocket. I enjoy CW rag chewing and could care less
if I never work Lower Slobovia or BFE. Also, the Omni can't tune the
international SW band like my Paragon does very well. If everyone had Ten
Tec gear you'd have to wait for years to get your Omni Six upgraded. The
waiting list would be longer than the long path to that exotic place you
can hear better than everyone else. Ten Tec would have to grow so big
they might become as cold and distant as the rest of rig manufacturers
out there.  The next time someone wants to sell their Omni Six Plus for a
great price - rejoice and grab it quick.
73,
Puck