[TenTec] QRP T-Kits and IC sockets

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QRP T-Kits and IC sockets
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 08:38:00 -0700
Yes, screw-machined sockets would have been the better choice
particularly if the unit is to be subjected to corrosive environments
(salt air, high levels of pollution, etc.).  My workshop supply of these
was out of them (and 8-pin sockets in general) and RS was the only
supply open that late on a Friday night.

Reid, K7YX