[TenTec] Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus
From: k1ky@bellsouth.net (Tom Delker)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:44:25 -0500
Regarding VHF/UHF possibilities, I have suggested that Ten-Tec consider
supporting their own line of transverters (Currently 6m and 2m) with the
Pegasus.

It should be a simple matter to add the programming to:
1. Reduce the power output to 10-20w for transverter
2. Add the selection to the "bandswitch", complete with frequency
    conversion, so you will see the actual operating frequency
    of the transverter on the front panel of the Pegasus.

For even further automation, it could even control an antenna switch
that would select the HF antenna or the Transverter(s), thus reducing
the possibility of damaging the transverter by applying too much power,
etc.

This would be just the tip of the iceberg on the possibilities or this
radio.

73,

(Ron H. - please forward your e-mail address to me)

--
Thomas M. Delker - K1KY CFO#395 - Smyrna / Gallatin / Short Mtn. TN
A.R.R.L. District Emergency Coordinator - Tennessee District #4