[TenTec] Omni-D - Noise Blanker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-D - Noise Blanker
From: cshyde@yahoo.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:13:51 -0700 (PDT)
I don't think it is available any longer from Ten Tec.
If you run your Omni D in your car, which is highly
unlikely, then having a noise blanker might be worth
it.  Remember that the noise blanker supresses very
narrow bandwidth, spiked interferences of short
pulsewidth such as ignition noise from a car. They
really have no other useful function nor are they
intended for anything other that this type of noise. I
have one in my scout and the only difference it makes
is running off of some generators it will suppress
some ignition noise. Save your money for some filters
or a nice DSP unit.

--- "Russell W. Landers" <rlanders@hgo.net> wrote:

> I am considering getting a noise blanker for my
> Omni-D...........My
> question is  -   Is it worth it.....????
>
> If it is worth it, I assume that I must go through
> Ten-Tec to get
> one..............any ideas on costs to have it
> installed by the factory
> or.......can it be installed by the
> consumer........???????
>
> -Russ- WB4ZKO----
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
> Administrative requests:
> tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:
> owner-tentec@contesting.com
> Search:
> http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm

=====
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.