[TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:16:38 -0700 (PDT)
> It's not as voltage sensitive as a synthesized rig which makes it better

This is the one problem I have had with the Scout, and the reason
I do not own one.  I have found in the several Scouts I have
encountered, that they require more than 12 volts to operate
full power (50 watts) without FM or some chirp on CW.  IF that
were not the case, or if Ten Tec has improved the regulation,
or if there is a simple mod to cure the problem, I will pick
one up this week.

I know that there are several out there who do not experience
the problem, but I have personally encountered more than one
(including one I owned) that do.

But, nice, nice receiver.  If I was looking for a simple rig
for the shack and could run from 13.8 most of the time, or
I did not live in earthquake land (needing to run from 12
volts and under in emergency) ....

Clark
WA3JPG