[TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:56:27 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Beamer, Jay wrote:

> Come on Y'all. This is all very simple, actually. "I want this, I want that,
> I want it cheap"!! Get real! Ain't none of these radios going to be
> everything to everybody, or anybody, for that matter. If it doesn't have
> what you're looking for, don't buy it! If you can't find one that doesn't
> have every single one of your precious features, don't buy anything!!

This is the essence of the situation.  I can't agree enough with this.
Try it out.  All engineering involves tradeoffs, find out what you
want from a radio then determine how Ten Tec made the tradeoffs to
see if you get the balance you want.  The Scout is a wonderful radio
for many tastes, but for others, it might not suffice.

I am very GLAD to see the honesty of Ten Tec listers that they can
discuss the tradeoffs (the "negatives") of their beloved radios
and learn from it.  It strengthens the manufacturer and user of
the rigs to learn about others' findings and discuss them with
candor.

I have plenty of "complaints" (tradeoffs I do not like) but if you
come to my shack you'll find Ten Tec up front.  That explains it all.

Clark
WA3JPG