[TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:34:39 -0400

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:16:38 -0700 (PDT) Clark Savage Turner
<csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu> writes:

>  I have found in the several Scouts I have
> encountered, that they require more than 12 volts to operate
> full power (50 watts) without FM or some chirp on CW.

This may be true Clark but a lot of rigs won't even turn on at less than
12 Vs or if the voltage starts to drop they cut right off in mid dit . No
fun at all!  I've ran a Scout off battery and notice a lot of funny
things at low voltage but at least I had time to wrap up the QSO or tell
the other Op. I had a problem. This can make a big difference in some
situations.

Jeff  aa8ve    de dar    de dar dit