[TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 23:04:30 -0400
Wow Perry. I'de sure like comfirmation of a FIX from TenTec because I
actually went down to the factory and asked them in person if there
was any cure for the jumping. The answer was a flat NO! Now you say
all we have to do is ask and they fix it???? I was impressed with how
stable your's was during our last qso and would like to have one that
is as good but you seem to be the only one with a good one.

Carl posted a reference to a "mod" that takes 3 minutes that cures the
problem. Any idea what that's all about? I know guys who have tired
external keyers, fans and Stan even disconnected an air conditioning
vent in his car and aimed the hose on his Scout to keep it cool but to
no avail.

Steve N4LQ