[TenTec] Omni-V sick from pc

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-V sick from pc
From: n3byy@yahoo.com (Scott Howell)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 12:25:15 -0500
well John that's exactly what the logging software does. Only polls the rig
when info is needed. otherwise sits back and leaves things alone. I have
wondered though that the three wire cable didn't work well by itself and now
I can't recall exactly what the reason was, but in any event a null modem
adapter on there fixed that, but perhaps it introduced a new problem.
I have an UPS so no worries on the system going down when pwr goes out.
I've got a few other tests I want to try and its also possible the reset
switch for the processor is faulty thus taking a number of times to reset
the rig. I will be testing that soon as well.
tnx for the thoughts and its an intresting problem<G>.

73 de Scott/n3byy
Laurel MD
Fists #5030 . Qrp- #1689 . Zombie #333
for immediate response, send mail to n3byy@amsat.org