[TenTec] RF & Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RF & Pegasus
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:41:07 -0600
My 705 schematic shows pin 4 and the + terminal of the battery each feeding
through respective steering diodes (1n4148), then directly to pin 14 of the
14013 (a CMOS Dual D type Flip-Flop).  CMOS typically works across 3 to 15
volts.  After the .7 volt hit through the steering diode, any 4.5v source would
be very close to the hairy edge.  I'm betting it's better than 4.5 volts across
pins 2 and 4 of the Pegasus mic jack--more along the lines of 9+ volts....the
Omni VI derives it through a 470 ohm resistor from +REG (13.8v?).

Someone, please, measure the Pegasus pin 2/pin4 voltage.  Settle this issue.

73,
dale, kg5u