[TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Ten Tec antenna tuners
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:21:39 -0800
I think by what was meant is that the Matchbox has a lower impedance
matching range when compared to the "infamous 'T' match" circuit.  I know
the 'T' matches I have owned or built were capable of handling several
thousand Ohms.  I believe the Johnson Matchbox upper limit is something like
1200 Ohms.

By the way I used my Matchbox on the WARC bands.  You just use which ever
position of the band switch works for that particular WARC band.  The 40
meter position usually handles 30M, either the 20 or 15 meter position for
17M, and the 10 meter position for 12 meters.

I have also had success using the Matchbox as well as 'T' matches and the TT
238 on 6 meters using either a 160 foot dipole (with balanced feeders), or a
200 foot longwire.

Reid, K7YX