[TenTec] Pegasus - monitor noise - still

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus - monitor noise - still
From: rheming@attglobal.net (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:02:49 -0500
I have been following as much of the advice that I have received from you
as possible.  Many ferrite clamps, grounds, etc.  No question it is the
monitor.  I have peaks at about 47-48 K across the 20 meter band and a
secondary bunch at about 75 K apart.  This pretty much corresponds with 800
x 600 resolution with 75 vertical and 46.9 horizontal frequency.  So what -
I haven't been able to put a dent in it.

I have been looking for a quieter monitor.  I have a 17" Trinitron/Dell
which is certified at TCO"92.  I have been looking at the TCO web site
www.tcodevelopment.com/index_publicsearch.htm

It lists all monitors that have been certified as either TCO'92, TCO'95,
or, the lastest,  TCO'99.  I am wondering how much better (low emission
etc) a monitor certified at TCO'99 would be over one TCO'92???  Is the
shielding better??? I had heard that Nokia was very good, but they are not
marketing their monitors and have transferred them to Viewsonic.  Any
suggestions for a quiet monitor??

BTW what is the paint that can be used to coat inside the monitor cover and
help shield the radiation??

I had just about decided to turn the Peg back in to TT as this has been
driving me nuts.  I will have to make up my mind in the next two-three
days.  I love the rig except for the monitor noise.

Thanks,

Dick Hemingway, N5XRD
Plano, TX