[TenTec] speaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] speaker
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 12:13:48 EST
That's not been my experience with Yamaha and Jamo amplified speakers,
running my Centurion at full tilt with wire antennas near the shack.  I'm
sure some amplified speakers are better and some are worse, like most
things.  You can also put a little ferrite in the cables if needed.

True, if all you're interested in is "communications" (not me), you wouldn't
be interested in the flat extended response of a quality speaker. As you
suggest Bob, I've never found the af chain in the Ten-Tec rigs I've owned
(544, 560, 563/4) to be satisfactory, and that's why I bypass it and use
external amplification (more info on my Website).  However, with a bypassed
af chain, an INRAD 2.8 filter, and an externally amplified quality speaker,
a Ten-Tec rig will put out the sweetest sounding ssb receive audio in all of
radiodom.  (Sorry for taking the topic off on a tangent, but you just got to
hear how good my Corsair sounds  ;-)

GL/73,
Barry  N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg