[TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] "A low vswr will kill you ! "
From: wa5jci@flash.net (Spencer Petri)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:03:32 -0600
Greetings,

I use a Johnson matchbox with a centerfed 80 meter doublet. I made the feed
line out of the copper antenna wire at Radio Shack and ceramic spreaders
bought from Fair Radio years ago. The spreaders are about 2", maybe a
little more, I forget.  Works great but requires careful tuning on the low
end of 80, it actually needs a little more wire on each end. Tunes all
bands and even works on WARC.

As far as low SWR, at one time I chased bad radios for Motorola and the oil
rigs would pinch the foam coax and the first time it rained, the radio
wouldn't work. SWR flat, send a roughneck up the rig with one rnd of a new
coax, feed it to the rig and all was well again.

es 73 de Pete WA5JCI
6 Mtr VUCC#361/672-2 Mtr VUCC#346/190
6 Mtr WAS#490

To: <tentec@contesting.com>