[TenTec] Scout Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Question
From: k6sdw@arrl.net (Eddy Avila)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:29:19 -0000
Alan,

No design glitch....just typical operation for an analog-tuned rig. I too
had frequency-jumping problems running my Scout in the car and after talking
with TT service, I pulled the PTO apart and cleaned it and did some surgery
on the coil leads to the PC board and it made a huge different in the
stability of the Scout!! Still not a digitally-tuned rig but much better
now.

And, it's a sleeper, the receiver with the Jones filter will amaze you how
well it works, the NB works too which is rare for most hf receivers.

You can find good deals on used Scouts, cuz new they're a bit pricy given
what's also on the market these days......

73....../k6sdw

To: <tentec@contesting.com>