[TenTec] Scout Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Question
From: wa0roi@arrl.net (Chuck Brudtkuhl)
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 11:28:16 -0600
Alan, I've commented on this before on this reflector but
its been some time ago..

I've owned my Scout so long now I can't remember.  I've used
it portable on batteries with wire antennas in FD
situations, extensively as a mobile unit in frigid Iowa
winters, "pension mobile" in Germany (DL/WA0ROI)  and
Austria (OE2ZBM) with makeshift wire antennas as part of a
"suitcase station".

Never, ever in its life have I had so much as a glitch of
"abnormal" operation.  I've had the cover off once .. to
install the noise blanker.  So from my view, the "rumors"
are likely "well-covered" complaints of a very few?  I
really don't know.  I do know that I have nothing but praise
for the unit.

73 de Chuck
wa0roi