[TenTec] Remote Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Remote Pegasus
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:53:56 -0400
Dave,

> Mark, I operated my Pegasus from this computer in my basement rec. room.
The
> Pegasus is in my garage shack. It is about 50 ft away electrically, which
is
> about the limit for RS232 but it works. I tried a LAN but it was too slow.
> I have only done it experimentally so far, but I am working on a permanent
> set-up. I want be able to control it either location so I am putting a
relay
> at the computer in the shack that will switch the RS232 lines to the house
> whenever the shack computer is turned off.
> I have not tried the keyer yet but I had audio going both ways at line
level
> via 4 wires of an 8 wire cable I originally installed for the LAN.
> I am currently making a PC board for the RS232 relay.
> Will keep you posted as to my results.

Thanks for the info. Please do keep me posted. When you say line level, did
you boost the mic audio to line level?  It looks to me that the audio input
on the ACCY jack on the Pegasus is at the same level as the mic, not line
level.  Based on one suggestion, I tried using NetMeeting for audio and
found that it wasn't good enough (even at 100 Base T speeds).

73,
Mark