[TenTec] Remote Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Remote Pegasus
From: ve1adh@accesswave.ca (Dave McClafferty)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:27:25 -0300
Mark, I operated my Pegasus from this computer in my basement rec. room. The
Pegasus is in my garage shack. It is about 50 ft away electrically, which is
about the limit for RS232 but it works. I tried a LAN but it was too slow.
I have only done it experimentally so far, but I am working on a permanent
set-up. I want be able to control it either location so I am putting a relay
at the computer in the shack that will switch the RS232 lines to the house
whenever the shack computer is turned off.
I have not tried the keyer yet but I had audio going both ways at line level
via 4 wires of an 8 wire cable I originally installed for the LAN.
I am currently making a PC board for the RS232 relay.
Will keep you posted as to my results.

73, Dave, VE1ADH