[TenTec] Replacing volume pot (omni VI)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Replacing volume pot (omni VI)
From: laussana@epm.net.co (Laussana)
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 06:57:33 -0500
Hi all

Wonder if anyone has tryed to replace the volume control pot on the omni
vi?

While trying to remove the knob  from the front panel  all I could do
was to take  the center  knob off (volume control) which is
 held by a hex screw ; I could not remove the gray plastic outer ring
which is the rf gain knob!! it Does not seem  to come off by
just pulling it out. Beleive me I have realy tryed hard to remove it
although rather gently so as not to damage the platic ring. Is there
a special way of removing  it ?
I would very much appreciate any suggestions

73"s/ Jorge/ HK4CZE

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---