[TenTec] OMNI 6+ 80 meter problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ 80 meter problem
From: DK2GZ@aol.com (DK2GZ@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:52:50 EST
Hello

i noticed one strange thing with my OMNI 6+ on 80 meter cw.

I key the tx  for a log time, suddenlly there is a "ploppp" in the headphone
and I monitor the power output on the external powermeter and the power
dropped up and down
syncron with the "plopp" in the headphone.

The internal powermeter ist still 80-100 watts out.

The effect is also with low power, qsk on or off.
The problem occour only on 80 meter, the antenne koax
is ok.

The problem is more often in split-mode, so I think a have
a pll lock problem maybe? But could it be only on 80 meter?

Did some test with the dummy load with the same result?

73 de Harry, DK2GZ