[TenTec] Corsairs, Pro II, etc hi hi....interesting replies!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsairs, Pro II, etc hi hi....interesting replies!
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Fri Jan 31 16:46:20 2003
It's too bad that there isn't a good, fair, and viable
way to go back and re-review all of those older radios
back to about 1950 or so using the same test
methodologies and criteria that the ARRL and others do
now. It would go a long way toward answering exactly
how much better (or worse?) the VFO and VFO/crystal
mixing schemes of that gear was vs. the early
generation synthesizers vs. today's LO sources for
phase noise. The IP3 and various dynamic range figures
would be quite interesting too.

Duane
N9DG

--- "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer"