[TenTec] 60 Meters !!!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 60 Meters !!!
From: farson@shaw.ca (Adam Farson)
Date: Sat Feb 22 23:37:52 2003
Hi Don,

Actually, since Riley Hollingsworth came aboard, the FCC's fairly rigorous
enforcement policy has helped clean things up quite a bit on the US ham
bands. The big problem is pirate operators, who transmit without benefit of
licence, and thus have nothing to lose. Radio regulatory agencies all over
the world simply do not have the resources to go after these people, what
with all the other radio and telecom services they have to ride herd on with
a limited budget. As amateurs, we must do the best we can. Perhaps if there
were significantly more amateur occupancy of the HF bands at any given time,
there would be less room for pirates.

In Canada, we have relatively little trouble. Prison time plus the
forfeiture of one's entire station to the Crown are a rather high price to
pay for on-air shenanigans.

Cheers for now, 73,
Adam VA7OJ/AB4OJ