[TenTec] Operating SSB in Canada on CW frequencies

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Operating SSB in Canada on CW frequencies
From: CAlderma@ora.fda.gov (Alderman, Chester)
Date: Mon Feb 24 10:22:03 2003
The USA's FCC and the ARRL have no jurisdiction over setting any frequency
segments of the ham band for any country other than the USA. You will notice
that most other nations/countries also operate SSB in the USA's sub-bands,
which is perfectly legal for them. I'm sure the VE guys would like for the
USA CW/digital guys to clear out of THEIR SSB bands!

Most sub-bands are 'suggested' by the ARRL and are therefore adhered to only
by 'gentleman's' agreement. For as long as I can remember, the lower 10kc of
40m and 80m are suggested for DX-only, sustained over the years only by
gentleman's agreement.

Tom/W4BQF