[TenTec] Orion 1.346 and 60M

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1.346 and 60M
From: mnewell1@austin.rr.com (Michael A. Newell, WB4HUC)
Date: Thu Jun 12 22:07:20 2003

>>I would not be THAT hard on those guys.

    Shoot the messenger?

>> To a great extent I feel that they are counting on US to find any bugs
that they miss.

      In any software, there'll always be bugs, but the vendor shouldn't use
the customer
      as their quality assurance department. They should do that job
themselves. Whatever
      happened to pride of workmanship? I've been writing, debugging,
testing, and
      supporting software for over 25 years, and I'd probably get fired if I
did my job
      that way.

>>Hey - what the heck - - - they do fix the bugs AND the updates are FREE.

     Well, it's irritating enough to have to debug the vendor's software for
them even
     if it is free. I'd really be angry if I not only had to debug it for
them, but also had to pay
    for the privilege.

73,

Mike - WB4HUC