[TenTec] Product Reviews

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Product Reviews
From: jmalloy@stny.rr.com (Joe Malloy)
Date: Sun Jul 6 18:52:18 2003
> For example, it is my experience and that of many friends that the
> likelihood is very high that an Icom IC-756PRO2 or an IC-746PRO will
> play directly out of the box with all advertised features working to
> spec and will continue to do so without requiring any mods, updates,
> or whatever for at least the duration of the warranty period. Every
> Icom I have had since 1982 has met that description.
>
> On the other hand, we read on this list of a fairly large number of
> ORIONs that do not play right out of the box[...]

Well, it only shows to go ya' that experiences differ: An Icom IC-25A, which
I purchased new back around 1984, failed to work "out of the box" -- it was
replaced (and is still in use).  On the other hand, every Ten-Tec I have
purchased (new or used, for that matter) has had an "out of box" experience
that is most satisfactory (and I bought an Argosy I, a Corsair I and a
Jupiter all brand new).

Just a data point...

73,

Joe, W2RBA