Re: [TenTec] Noisey Corsair II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noisey Corsair II
From: "Steve" <sswhite@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 20:42:37 -0500
Hmmm

Don't recall a FET in a metal case.  There is a MOSFET (4 legs) in a metal
case which is a mixer and also another transistor Q1 in a metal case.  I
have touched the top of both of these and it doesn't effect the noise...  So
maybe I have a different board or parts on mine then you do.  None have
ferrite beads on them either.  Wonder if you might have made a mistake in
your recollection and that TT added beads to the Mosfet Mixer Q2 (3N201) on
board which is a small metal case device.  The other metal case is a
standard TO-3 case size....

Maybe I need some beads on that 3N201...

Steve