Re: Orion was ( [TenTec] Hercules III / Mark Erbaugh)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Orion was ( [TenTec] Hercules III / Mark Erbaugh)
From: "Michael A. Newell, WB4HUC" <mnewell1@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:12:32 -0500
But, on the other hand, a color display wouldn't
hurt receiver reception either, would it? I'm not
sure why folks are tying the characteristics of
the display to the ability of the receiver. To me
they're two different things.

And anyone who can afford $3300 - $3600 for a
radio could probably afford another $200 or $300,
if a color display did increase the price. After all,
a $300 price increase is less than 10%.

Quoting from a previous post below:

>But the market that TenTec plays to are the serious amateurs that
> care to have the very best equipment that their money can buy

After all, you're not talking about necessities like
food and shelter, you're talking about a luxury item,
especially in this price range, and folks who buy
luxury items probably don't worry about the cost.

So why not give'em what they want?

--
wb4huc