Re: [TenTec] TT Orion: Also SEMI-BK-IN possible ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Orion: Also SEMI-BK-IN possible ?
From: "Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:19:13 -0000
The Orion "Amp Key" line will go to ground about 20 milliseconds before the
Orion actually transmits a signal.  It will then stay ground for up to a one
second delay after transmit finishes.  This delay is adjustable from 0 to 1
second.   It seems to me that this line provides all the timing that is
necessary to key external equipment and protect it from a transmit signal.
Am I missing something?

There is also a variable QSK delay you can independently adjust for  how
long it takes the receiver to come back on after transmit is finished.  This
delay is also adjustable from 0 to 1 second.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC