Re: [TenTec] TT Orion: Also SEMI-BK-IN possible ?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Orion: Also SEMI-BK-IN possible ?
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 17:34:39 -0800 (PST)
--- Bob Henderson <bob@cytanet.com.cy> wrote:
> I may be wrong but when folks make reference here to
> PTT I don't think
> they necessarily have in mind a physical "push to
> talk".

<snip>

> Now come on guys.......lead on with the "I don't
> need that, I don't
> understand that, I don't want that, Ten Tec
> shouldn't do that.....buy a
> different rig......I'm starting to enjoy the
> refrain!

On the contrary, if you go back and re-read the
original question from Ulrich he is clearly asking if
the Orion can key transverters using semi QSK CW mode.
That genuine and straight forward question has been
answered. He also clearly states that he understands
the PTT/CW keying issue. He's not making excuses or
rationalizations for not using the contest logging
software to key the TX in CW by using the PTT. His
approach/decision to simply use the CW key input to
key the radio has already been defined long ago.

Actually I find it kind of amusing to see that some
people on here now seem to think that there is some
kind of a hidden "the Orion can't use PTT in CW mode
bogeyman" to every question raised on this reflector.

Duane
N9DG